Lexington Comic and Toy Convention 2014

Lexington Comic and Toy convention 2014
'Astro Space Hero' with ZP's Todd Burrows...ZP showcases the films of George Bonilla
me with the lovely and talented Zsu Zsu Star (read her interview)


Since I'm slowly going out to various shows with my films and books or helping out ZP international, I'll try to put my experiences here in spandex and monster.  This is my second go around helping out at Lexington Comic Con 2014...the crowds were fun, and had a lot of cool stuff for various elements of fandoms.  I tend to think of conventions as somewhat self contained universes of fandom where folks meet celebrities and offbeat crafts, etc...a redress of the circus from the 19th century into modern times which of course I thought was fantastic.


Milly Thomas's awesome Joker with Link from Zelda

crowds, crowds, crowds

Todd with cosplay artist Lola Magdalene Scott

Some Ursla cosplay from the little mermaid

Werewolf for hire author Nic Brown with furry friend

We were next to Scarefest which also has a big convention in September of 2014

fan love for the Loki cosplay


better shot of Loki outfit

gender reversal for thor and loki...I suddenly need to check out some fanfiction

Monsters were running around along with artists and celebs..

cool superwoman outfit

Lisa who makes cosplay outfits with Todd sporting 3d specs

Lola meets R2D2

Undead Spock cosplay

Astro Space Hero meets Bluntman...we will stop CockKnocker!

Antman cosplay...awesome outfit


This is by no means a definitive record of the event since I was usually at ZP's table, and could only snap a pic or two when I had a chance, but its interesting to see folks openly and warmly celebrate the sci fi and fantasy fandom which was very different when I was a young kid.  I was also happy to see Billy Tackett up to art mischief along with various friends, filmmakers, and more...

To quote the great Stan Lee...Excelsior!

Links

Lexington Comic  and Toy Con

ZP International

Scarefest

Billy Tackett

Rotting Corpse Productions

Lucky Bard Games

Let's Get Geeky

Nic Brown



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surreal film maker Chris DeJoseph, Friday nite frights, and sexy undead chicks rule!

Shane Ryan's Dacryphilia and Hematolagnia