Shauna Tackett and 'Bad Hare Day'

In this episode of Spandex and Monster we meet actress and model Shauna Tackett.  She is now branching out into filmmaking with her film Bad Hare Day.

So without further ado, here is Shauna Tackett!



Tell us about yourself, in a nutshell to the guy on the street what is it that you do.

I make no budget independent horror films, shorts and features. I write, direct, and star in the films and sometimes also work as the camera operator and editor. And occasionally act in other friends' movies.

What made you branch into film making?

I've been interested in acting since I was a kid. I think around age 15 I started writing my first horror script. I found out later that other people in kentucky make low budget and no budget films, so I figured..,why can't I do it too?

photo by David Goodfellow



What's the story behind bad hare day?

It starts out with a kid who is severely bullied and bad things always happen to him on Easter, he gets put in an institution and 15 years later he gets out, gets a creepy bunny costume, and goes to find and kill the kids (now adults) who used to torment him.


Shauna is the writer/director and actor in 'Bad Hare Day'


a grisly killing


Any bad or good experiences involing filmmaking that you'd like to share?



Bad: sometimes people don't show up when they say they will. Others back out at the last minute. It's hard to find people who are serious about this business when there's really no pay involved.
Also, my first feature film "perfect skin" failed due to similar issues, which I won't really go into. But basically it would have been more trouble than it's worth, to redo that film. So I moved onto bad hare day!
Good: I've made some good fellow filmmaking friends, and making movies is always fun!


If someone wanted to know more about you, where would they go?

They could go to my Facebook
Www.facebook.com/ShaunaTackett


muchas gracias Shauna!

Saucer Sex Bomb (more Ectovision madness)

I am currently working on a new saucer sex film which is more broad comedy ala young frankenstein in space, Shauna did a fantastic job as did the other actors in 'Saucer Sex Bomb'...we shot it mostly at ZP's studio in Richmond just before they closed it down...fortunately they graciously let me use their standing sets which we moved about to make a space ship for the horny Sex Bomb (James Smith) and his cruel sister Demonia (Shauna Tackett).  Steven Guynn is back as Thomas Newton and Cherokee Hall as sluggo the horny robot. 

Fun stuff...here is a teaser trailer for the film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surreal film maker Chris DeJoseph, Friday nite frights, and sexy undead chicks rule!

Shane Ryan's Dacryphilia and Hematolagnia