King Neptune versus Megabicep

This is the first blog that focuses on superhero /superheroine films.  Recently, there has been an explosion of cosplay / spandex fetish sites and videos.  Since I'm a big comic book geek, and I love the old exploitation cinema vibe from the 50's on, this blog makes sense to promote some of the films I've been doing.  I will say my films are pretty mild and can play on youtube, etc...compared to the more crazier stuff out there.  I will showcase my films(several with ectovision alone), but I will also try to bring in other filmmakers, actors, actresses, and cosplay artists from this sometimes strange but facinating tangent in cinema and entertainment.

'Ectovision'


King Neptune versus Megabicep was a short in a film called 'Ectovision'...I guess if I were pitching it...Ectovision would be 'heavy metal' meets 'amazon women on the moon'...the Neptune short stars Cherokee Hall as the superhero 'Megabicep'...Casey Miracle as the sadistic 'King Neptune', and Heather 'Scream' Price as Miranda (Neptune's evil sister) with various folks in the ectovision film (Roni Jonah, Jason Crowe, Eric Butts, Todd Burrows, Keith Dodson, and Daniel Roberts).  It was shot late 2008-early 2009 at JLF studios in Lexington, KY at the time.


Since the budget was hardly there for 'ectovision', I decided to go the opposite way from other local and regional filmmakers around at the time,  I completely embraced the no budget/camp/trash cinema as art approach for all of the films of ectovision...it was all a live action cartoon at the end of the day...also I think the approach was fun for the actors and production side of things since making films can be a grueling task.





Ectovision turned into the 'saucer sex' films (Saucer Sex from Beyond, Flying Saucer Exodus, Saucer Sex Peep Show, and Saucer Sex Bomb) along with various other shorts, documentaries, and avant garde things, but that is another story....



Back to the short...the action take place in Metric City where my other comic book hero 'Major Power' sometimes does good deeds.  Yet these heroes and bad guys in this metric city are more crazier and dysfunctional in a fun way. There are more shorts from the world of Metric City coming soon...enjoy the crazy quasi cosplay antics in 'King Neptune versus Megabicep!' 12 minutes b&w.

more craziness on the way!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surreal film maker Chris DeJoseph, Friday nite frights, and sexy undead chicks rule!

Shane Ryan's Dacryphilia and Hematolagnia