Dextra with Batgirl cosplay, alternative universe Superman, and Tim Ritter in metric city

Dextra Hoffman is an actress I had the pleasure of working with on ZP productions, Hellephone.  That film came out in 2008, and was written and directed by George Bonilla (I was the AD on the film, or in layman terms 'the guy who yells at people').  Dextra was one of the victims of the monster in the film, and when I was thinking of her as Poison Ivy for 'an alternate universe' fan film I was shooting...unfortunately the film never got finished...and she had moved out of state before I could get her into the film.

It made sense to think of Dextra since she was getting into cosplay at that point.  However, her cosplay at this point was firmly with the batman/batgirl mythos...so without further ado...here is Dextra Hoffman.



Dextra, what brings you to world of comics, cosplay, and science fiction?

I have been into comics since I was a little girl, and wanted to walk in the shoes of all these different characters. It's always been fun to be someone else and escape reality. I've not really gotten too much into the cosplay aspect until a few years ago, but I can see making more efforts into it in the future.



Dextra, your cosplay efforts mostly focus on batman, bat girl mythos...what about the characters and universe appealed to you?

Originally, Batman appealed to me because he was just badass, and he didn't need superpowers to do it. Obviously, I connected with Batgirl a little more because she's also a girl. But since the new Batwoman character has been introduced a few years ago, I've been a bigger fan of her in particular. She's such a great character.



You've done both the acting and behind the scenes on a film...what did you take from that experience into costumes, etc.

I think I take more consideration how realistic the costume would appear to others, how well it would photograph, etc. Since my costumes have pretty much exclusively been in photos, I keep that in mind most of all.


If someone wanted to find out more about you, where would they go?
 There's The Goddamn Batbitch fan page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Goddamn-Batbitch/133728236703874

And there's also my RedBubble store, where I sell my designs on shirts, stickers, iPhone cases, etc:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dextrahoffman


Also for more information about George Bonilla's film, Hellephone, from ZP productions.
http://www.zpmovies.com/index_files/hellephone.htm

muchas gracias Dextra!

Alternative universe DC fan film.
Some frame grabs from the film I was trying to get Dextra in as Poison Ivy.  It was never finished, but some segments turned up in my surreal serial killer film, Flying Saucer Exodus (shameless plug: available on distrify). 

Here is a partial credit list from the unfinished film.

Superman ... Jerry Williams
Wonder Woman .... Roni Jonah
Toyman - Jake Lemaster
Lex Luthor - Steve Guynn
General Zod - Jason Crowe
Green Lantern - Claude Miles




alternative universe Superman

Wonderwoman


Alternative universe Lex Luthor and Brainiac

General Zod

Toyman getting questioned by Wonder Woman

Green Lantern
 

President Tim Ritter (more ectovision madness)

Outside of Lloyd Kaufman, Ray Dennis Steckler, and John Carpenter, I'm also a huge fan of cult film director Tim Ritter(Truth or Dare, Creep).  So when I got a chance to get Tim into Spandex and Monster I jumped at the chance.  He took to the comic book madness right away as the president of Metric City universe.  Whereas the mayor and the comissoner are horny id driven dudes...the president is the calm cool guy you wish was actually in public office.  I quickly shot this after I did a cameo for Tim's new film Truth or Dare IV ( I saw a preview of it, and loved it by the way!)

Demo is pretty rough, but still fun to check out....


also I would be remiss not to mention Tim's new truth or dare film...check it out!




























































Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surreal film maker Chris DeJoseph, Friday nite frights, and sexy undead chicks rule!

Shane Ryan's Dacryphilia and Hematolagnia