Ellie Church, The Impersonators, The Red Cricket, and Monsters of the UFO

ELLIE CHURCH


In this episode of Spandex and Monster, we visit model/actress Ellie Church.  She's making quite an impression with her roles in indie films, and her offbeat model images.  Recently, she has been in a comedy about superhero impersonators, which looks like heaven for fans of spandex and monster.

promo poster for 'Farmer's Daughters'




Ellie in the film, And then YOU die



Ellie, please introduce yourself, tell us what you do.

Hi! I'm Ellie Church, I am an actress , (and have done a bit of modeling ) I got my start working conventions for Troma. I was talking with Lloyd while doing a convention in Indianapolis and he told me I should try my hand at acting. Honestly , it was something I had always been interested in but, I didn't really think that was something that was 'accessible ' to me but with the recent pop in independent film, unbeknownst to me , it was , and it took off from there. I got my first gig in a documentary style film called Science, Sex , and the Ladies. Then through doing conventions, and meeting lots of directors producers, etc. I got into the horror scene. Which I was always at all of the horror cons anyway, but not really involved in that way. It's been a blast so far, and I'm looking forward to many great projects this year!

Ellie got her start doing promo work for Troma films


Ellie what can you tell us about the impersonators?

The Impersonators is this great film about a group of birthday party super hero impersonators who are called upon to be 'real heros' . It's going to be a hilarious ride. The characters are wonderful and it was fun as hell to make. I know it's going to be fun as hell to watch.
 
cast of the Impersonators


Can you tell us what drew you to the film?

Honestly , I hadn't done a straight comedy yet. I had done some horror comedy, which I love , but I wanted to do something a little out of my 'comfort zone' I guess. When I read the script, it was over, I knew I needed to be in this movie.

Any craziness on the shoot you'd like to share?

 This shoot was nothing BUT craziness. We have 3 stand up comedians in the cast, so as you can imagine, people would just bust out laughing regularly . We would get in trouble on set just about every scene for laughing but Jesus, it's soo hard not to around this bunch. This is definitely the funniest cast I've ever worked with. Watching everyone walk out in their costume was a high point for sure.

Ellie as an action figure, a promo piece for the impersonators

If people wanted to know more about you or the film, where would they go?

for info on the film , check out The Impersonators Facebook page

Also check out Ellie Church facebook page

Muchas gracias Ellie Church!




el Chapulin Colorado aka The Red Cricket
I'd be remiss if I didn't showcase the superhero parody from Mexico called '
el Chapulin Colorado' or the Red Cricket.  He enjoyed enormous popularity on Mexico's tv, and made the superhero spoof made the transition to comics.  Check him out.

el Chapulin Colorado




Monsters of the UFO

For folks of spandex and monster, I also run another blog about the paranormal world of monsters, UFO, and various occult items called 'UFO blurzone'.  Recently, I put together a book connecting the paranormal with men in black, UFO's, and the Loch Ness Monster.  The book is called 'Monsters of the UFO'..worth a look if you're interested in the weird world of the monsters!



UFO blurzone

Monsters of the UFO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surreal film maker Chris DeJoseph, Friday nite frights, and sexy undead chicks rule!

Shane Ryan's Dacryphilia and Hematolagnia